Found of a big bone in Cadzand-Bad at the Zwarte-Polder

Use this forum to discuss the Identification of fossils. When adding photo's, please add the size, name of the location, and, if possible, the age.
Plaats reactie
Dieter63
Found of a big bone in Cadzand-Bad at the Zwarte-Polder

Bericht door Dieter63 » 18 jan 2012, 21:04

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Hello,

I was between Christmas and the beginning of the New Year in the Netherlands, to get some shark tooth. I was often in the Netherlands before to find some shark tooth, but also to find some fossils. Now I’ve found a very big bone. It is in good condition, but I can not figure out of which animal this bone is. Does anybody know a bone like this? Or can anybody help me to figure it out? I’ve found this bone near to a very small river at the Zwarte-Polder. Thanks for your help, and sorry for my bad English ;)

Dieter63

johanp
Re: Found of a big bone in Cadzand-Bad at the Zwarte-Polder

Bericht door johanp » 19 jan 2012, 12:44

Hello Dieter,
Your bone is a radius from a horse.(i think)
Nice specimen! It can be pleistoceen or just a few years old. It's important to put it in fresh water for a few weeks to get the sold out. If it is pleistoceen, it will fall apart in a thousend pieces after drying when sold is still inside.

Johan

johan pas

fhahjee1
Re: Found of a big bone in Cadzand-Bad at the Zwarte-Polder

Bericht door fhahjee1 » 28 feb 2015, 10:31

Now I’ve found a very big bone. It is in good condition, but I can not figure out of which animal this bone is. Does anybody know a bone like this? Or can anybody help me to figure it out? I’ve found this bone near to a very small river at the Zwarte-Polder. Thanks for your help,

DdD DeViL

Plaats reactie