New Memeber from Montana

Various fossil related discussions.
Plaats reactie
RonB
New Memeber from Montana

Bericht door RonB » 17 okt 2007, 18:08

Hi Everyone. Im new here, but have been hunting fossils for quite some time. My favorites are the lobsters, crabs and shrimps, but being in Montana now, I will be hunting for ammonites and starting a collection. In fack, just go back from an ammo hunting trip and found some really nice stuff. WoooooHooooooo!! And I too wish I spoke dutch, lots of messages and stuff on the other part of this forum. I will try to put on some photos of my collection soon.

Still a kid diggin in the dirt

Knarf
Re: New Memeber from Montana

Bericht door Knarf » 17 okt 2007, 20:37

Nice to see you Ron!

If you would like to read the Dutch parts of the forum you could try Babelfish. It\'s not ideal but it will make a lot of things more comprehensible for you.

RonB

Bericht door RonB » 18 okt 2007, 01:24

Hello Knarf. Its nice to be here. But I have no idea what bablefish is or even how to find it or use it? Im not very computer savy. Ive already sent Fred an email asking how to post photos, but even that will be a challenge for me. Ive got some really nice fossil stuff to show you guys, and am really looking forward to talking fossils. Ron

Frederik
Administrator
Contacteer:

Bericht door Frederik » 18 okt 2007, 10:13

We\'ll get those photos up, Ron. No worries.
In the mean time: welcome!

Try to learn something about everything and everything about
something (TH Huxley)

RonB

Bericht door RonB » 18 okt 2007, 15:04

Well gang, looks like im going to have to find a picture of myself and add it to my profile. I hope I dont scare anyone! HA!
I have just learned how to add pictures to \"my collection\" and have put on three of my fossils there. I am assuming that you all also have pictures on your collection pages too, but how do I find them?
Just give me a short while and I should have all this new forum stuff downpat. Thanks

Knarf
Re: Re: New Memeber from Montana

Bericht door Knarf » 20 okt 2007, 12:03

RonB schreef:
Hello Knarf. Its nice to be here. But I have no idea what bablefish is or even how to find it or use it? Im not very computer savy.
Babelfish is an online translator; you copy a text, paste it in the window, select the \"from\" and \"to\" languagus and Babelfish offers a translation of it. These translations often look weird because they are literal translates of the words without altering the sentence structure, but at least you\'ll have an idea what the text is about:

http://babelfish.altavista.com

canyonguy

Bericht door canyonguy » 23 okt 2007, 00:58

Howdy Ron!

Joe from alberta, here.

Hey buddy, what\'s the shakedown on our old Fossil site \'California fossils? I\'m just getting over withdrawal symptoms. \'Roz\' is now in Texas.

How\'s Montana? Put the car on auto-pilot, drive 300 miles and barely make a dent in the map. \'Almost\' as big as Alberta. Just about eveywhere is \'nowhere\' in the boonies and going collecting \'x\' miles away in \'nowhere\' in more boonies.

Be sure to dazzle everyone with some of your great specimens. Did you take most of your collection up to Montana I used to enjoy your tales and specimens.

(Hope you are practicing your Dutch)

RonB

Bericht door RonB » 23 okt 2007, 23:32

Hey Joe. Very long time no talk! Im going to email you.
And Knarf, thanks for the Babelfish site, i will have to try that someday. Ron

RonB

Bericht door RonB » 24 okt 2007, 21:22

Hey Joe, for some reason the email I sent you would not work? Why dont you try sending me an email. But I am leaving tomorrow morning to go hunt for ammonites and wont be back for a few days.

Caveman
Contacteer:

Bericht door Caveman » 13 nov 2007, 09:47

Welcome aboard Ron, very nice Lobster nad Crabs in your collection.
In that shape you won\'t find them here to easy! Most crabs we find here in Maastrichtian are not over 3 centimeters!

Have a nice time at the board

greetz, Mart

To share or not to share, that's the question!

Plaats reactie