For Beck Man

Various fossil related discussions.
Plaats reactie
The Stone
Contacteer:
For Beck Man

Bericht door The Stone » 08 mar 2011, 10:19

Regularly browsing through your photos of the bones you find, I must say I am missing the Ice-age mammals. Being mammoth, rhino, giant deer and the large bison.
Also I see al lot of boar, horse, red deer, small bovine species and I thought I saw a dog jaw.
Based on the fauna you found I am thinking you have uncovered a Holocene deposit. Linking that to the cutting marks on the bones it seems to me this was done by a metal knife or saw.
Adding it all up this must be not older than Bronze age but more likely being Roman or Medieval.
My advice that next time you go to your collecting area bring a metal detector, it will be very likely you'll find things with that as well.

When you have eliminated the impossible, that which remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

Once you've got heat, you can do everything!

Duys
Contacteer:
Re: For Beck Man

Bericht door Duys » 08 mar 2011, 12:14

Beckman,
http://www.phancocks.pwp.blueyonder.co. ... 0fauna.htm
Perhaps you can watch for potteryshards, they should be easy to find!
In the link there is said that wildboar didn't live in England untill after the Romans, i think that is a good indication, as you found a Pigs'/boars' jaw!
Duys

[Bewerkt door Duys op 08-03-2011 om 12:18 NL]

beck man

Bericht door beck man » 08 mar 2011, 13:57

Hello mate ive had this argument 2 many times over the past 5 years so please just go to my blog and look and read closer and more i explain in a lot of detail! ps i have lower leg bones nearly 2 feet long with bone walls of an inch to 2 inches thick with them same cut marks. ps you could not metal detect where these bones are coming from its a clay layer up to 2 metres under the beck water only releasing the perfectly preserved fossil bone. after flooding and a prosses ile be keeping to my self for now! Ps i now have geologists archaeologists and zooarchaeologists whanting to get involved, ime going to post the new Auroch skull soon ive never seen presevation like this the bones at the rear of the skull have no right surviving! if the skull was not burried and protected almost imedietly. historyofabeckblogspot.com

heath

beck man

Bericht door beck man » 08 mar 2011, 13:57

Hello mate ive had this argument 2 many times over the past 5 years so please just go to my blog and look and read closer and more i explain in a lot of detail! ps i have lower leg bones nearly 2 feet long with bone walls of an inch to 2 inches thick with them same cut marks. ps you could not metal detect where these bones are coming from its a clay layer up to 2 metres under the beck water only releasing the perfectly preserved fossil bone. after flooding and a prosses ile be keeping to my self for now! Ps i now have geologists archaeologists and zooarchaeologists whanting to get involved, ime going to post the new Auroch skull soon ive never seen presevation like this the bones at the rear of the skull have no right surviving! if the skull was not burried and protected almost imedietly. historyofabeckblogspot.com

heath

Plaats reactie