I'm new--hi!

Various fossil related discussions.
Plaats reactie
nicanica
I'm new--hi!

Bericht door nicanica » 16 mar 2011, 17:59

Hi! I'm nicanica and I live in North Jutland, Danmark and am insane about hunting fossils! If anyone wants to go fossil hunting with me, just ask! At the moment I cannot walk because of foot surgery, but I'll be up and hunting again soon! I hope to learn much here about the fossils I'm collecting. I have a large room used as a museum. Been collecting just three years. Hello to all! Happy Fossil Hunting!

It is time that scientists and other public intellectuals observed that the contest between faith and reason is zero-sum.

0dinofthenorth
Re: I'm new--hi!

Bericht door 0dinofthenorth » 16 mar 2011, 18:17

nicanica wrote:
Hi! I'm nicanica and I live in North Jutland, Danmark and am insane about hunting fossils! If anyone wants to go fossil hunting with me, just ask! At the moment I cannot walk because of foot surgery, but I'll be up and hunting again soon! I hope to learn much here about the fossils I'm collecting. I have a large room used as a museum. Been collecting just three years. Hello to all! Happy Fossil Hunting!
Hello and welcome to fossiel.net! I am sorry about your foot, hopefully it will get better soon!
Can't wait to see your fossils!
Best wishes, and greetings from England.
Thomas.

nicanica
Re: Re: I'm new--hi!

Bericht door nicanica » 16 mar 2011, 18:46

0dinofthenorth wrote:
nicanica wrote:
Hello and welcome to fossiel.net! I am sorry about your foot, hopefully it will get better soon!
Thomas.
Hi Thomas,
Firstly I'm glad someone uses this forum, I once joined another and no one was there! I'm completely new at forums but not computers so I hope all bear with me. I posted an avatar of my first quality fossils. Outside I have seconds and thirds. I separate fossils from fields and chalk, size, those in substrate, type. My echinoids are the finest and most numerous. I even have a collection of echinoids that are clear--guessing chalcedony. Plus I have a palm sized piece of what I believe to be a human skull, though not a fossil. Some I hammer out of substrate, or clean up. Some I soak in hot HCl to give the 'field' effect. I am always looking for one that is larger than the last giant I have found. The largest is about the size of a softball and has quartz crystals. I'm jealous that you hunt in England! There are many restrictions there no? I'm also happy to see that another uses the term hunting. People make fun of me for calling myself a fossil hunter here. I hunt land and sea, gravel roads, one quarry. I've been to the island of Fur and found NOTHING! Had a great buffet lunch and micro-brews though! My operation was just last Friday but due to an amazing shoe, I'm semi-mobile but cannot go out hunting for 6 weeks ;-(. I made sure to be out extra long in deep mud last week to compensate. I must hit the coasts around here before the Germans come in the summer! They are great hunters!
Yours,
nica

It is time that scientists and other public intellectuals observed that the contest between faith and reason is zero-sum.

nicanica
Re: Re: I'm new--hi!

Bericht door nicanica » 16 mar 2011, 18:47

0dinofthenorth wrote:
nicanica wrote:
Thomas.
Hi Thomas,
Firstly I'm glad someone uses this forum, I once joined another and no one was there! I'm completely new at forums but not computers so I hope all bear with me. I posted an avatar of my first quality fossils. Outside I have seconds and thirds. I separate fossils from fields and chalk, size, those in substrate, type. My echinoids are the finest and most numerous. I even have a collection of echinoids that are clear--guessing chalcedony. Plus I have a palm sized piece of what I believe to be a human skull, though not a fossil. Some I hammer out of substrate, or clean up. Some I soak in hot HCl to give the 'field' effect. I am always looking for one that is larger than the last giant I have found. The largest is about the size of a softball and has quartz crystals. I'm jealous that you hunt in England! There are many restrictions there no? I'm also happy to see that another uses the term hunting. People make fun of me for calling myself a fossil hunter here. I hunt land and sea, gravel roads, one quarry. I've been to the island of Fur and found NOTHING! Had a great buffet lunch and micro-brews though! My operation was just last Friday but due to an amazing shoe, I'm semi-mobile but cannot go out hunting for 6 weeks ;-(. I made sure to be out extra long in deep mud last week to compensate. I must hit the coasts around here before the Germans come in the summer! They are great hunters!
Yours,
nica

[Editted by nicanica on 16-03-2011 at 18:48 GMT +1]

[Editted by nicanica on 16-03-2011 at 18:49 GMT +1]

Duys
Contacteer:

Bericht door Duys » 16 mar 2011, 19:35

Hello Nicanica,
That's far Jutland!
Greetings from Belgium.
Duys

0dinofthenorth
Re: Re: Re: I'm new--hi!

Bericht door 0dinofthenorth » 17 mar 2011, 18:13

nicanica wrote:
0dinofthenorth wrote:
nicanica wrote:
Thomas.
Hi Thomas,
Yours,
nica

It is Ok Nica, :D
I am glad thre is another member, as the English forum is lacking in some active ones. :)
I will tell you not to be jelous of my hunting in England, for I only get the chance to go hunting about once a year. :(
Looks like you have a really nice collection there. I don't have many echinoids.
I am not sure with the rules, if there are lots of rules in a location, I will follow them though. The worst rule I saw was: do not remove any stones from this beach! Sadly no fossiling for me. :( :P
I love hunting in gravel too, it is really fun, as I have some in my back garden.
Hope your foot gets better soon!
And hope you get hunting before the keen German hunters stash the lot! ;)
Best wishes,
Thomas.

fitch

Bericht door fitch » 19 mar 2011, 13:02

Welcome nicanica - hope you can find some fun here!

Succesfull improvements get a place in history .. unfortunately so
do faillures

Plaats reactie