What kind of snake?

Use this forum to discuss the Identification of fossils. When adding photo's, please add the size, name of the location, and, if possible, the age.
Hengky
What kind of snake?

Bericht door Hengky » 28 dec 2012, 05:47

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

My name is Hengky and I come from Indonesia precisely in the area of West Java.
I ask if anyone could help me to identify this snake fossils?
Thank you very much.
Regards,
Hengky

FossilCollection

Alopias
Re: What kind of snake?

Bericht door Alopias » 28 dec 2012, 11:37

it looks like a coprolite :)

Nullus finis longius si quod facis delectaris

Hengky
Re: Re: What kind of snake?

Bericht door Hengky » 28 dec 2012, 11:52

Adron wrote:
it looks like a coprolite :)
Thanks Adron,
But sorry in advance if the photo is less clear look at it, this is not a "Corpolite" but this is a kind of snake, it was the texture of the anatomy of the fossil animals, such as the eyes, mouth, nose and genitals.
I often noticed and studied. and I have identified the fossil reptiles of the family is a snake.
however I do not know what kind of snake? There may be friends in this forum who knows.
Regards,

FossilCollection

Alopias

Bericht door Alopias » 28 dec 2012, 11:55

okay, good luck!

greetz Aaron

Nullus finis longius si quod facis delectaris

Frederik
Administrator
Contacteer:

Bericht door Frederik » 02 jan 2013, 15:15

Funny, 'possible coprolite' was also the first thing to come to mind when I saw the pictures.

The pics are quite ok and I appreciate your determination in this matter, but I'm having some doubts about your proposed identification. I honestly do not think this is a fossil snake, simply because this would not be the kind of morphology you would expect.

First of all, soft tissue like skin and eyes seldom fossilize, and if they do, they are rarely preserved in full 3D. Moreover, the 'fossil' does not seem a match with snake anatomy as I know it.

When snake fossils are found this is most commonly in the form of isolated vertebra.

Based on this pictures I would think this is likely a pseudofossil. Although I would check against coprolite before discarding it.

Try to learn something about everything and everything about
something (TH Huxley)

Hengky

Bericht door Hengky » 03 jan 2013, 11:59

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Thank you for your response and I really appreciate it. However, I have many fossils that are still intact (skin, meat and others) seem to fossil was once trapped in a material that has a limestone mountain. unfortunately I do not have a good enough camera that can be seen clearly when enlarged. I hope I can show it to you all.
Regards,

FossilCollection

Frederik
Administrator
Contacteer:

Bericht door Frederik » 03 jan 2013, 16:07

Hengky,

Even with these new pics I fail to see anything that would indicate this actually being a snake fossil. You are however, perfectly entitled to a different opinion :)
Do you find these yourself?

What I do find with some quick online browsing are similar so-called Indonesian snake fossils offered (often for ridiculous prices) in a pseudoscientist 'meta-physical' context. 'Siluman snakes', are you familiar with the concept?
Fascinating but obviously fake, seems to me a trade at best well-meant but likely not (given the pricing).

something (TH Huxley)

Hengky

Bericht door Hengky » 04 jan 2013, 04:39

Hi Frederik

1. Thank you so much for your comments, for this is my own fossils were found in limestone mountains in Bogor West Java-Indonesia, fossils found in limestone mountain, I can guarantee 100% authenticity of these fossils, and bold researched and tested by the experts in the field of fossils.
2. And if possible for additional information for the location of fossils alone that there are still many in the West Java-Indonesia, and the Indonesian people still do not understand and do not care about the fossils.
3. For the matter of "meta-physical" or "Siluman snakes", In fact there is, and to know that about the Magick in Indonesia is still quite a lot, but about the "Siluman Snake" must test its authenticity by people who understand the "meta-physical"

Regards,

[Editted by Hengky on 04-01-2013 at 04:39 GMT +1]

[Editted by Hengky on 04-01-2013 at 11:38 GMT +1]

FossilCollection

Frederik
Administrator
Contacteer:
Re: Re: What kind of snake?

Bericht door Frederik » 04 jan 2013, 15:57

Hengky schreef:
Thank you so much for your comments, for this is my own fossils were found in limestone mountains in Bogor West Java-Indonesia, fossils found in limestone mountain, I can guarantee 100% authenticity of these fossils, and bold researched and tested by the experts in the field of fossils.
Good that you have found these yourself, therefore you can be sure about the origin of these rocks.
You mention research on these fossils, can you point to some publications? Would be much appreciated.
but about the "Siluman Snake" must test its authenticity by people who understand the "meta-physical"
Yes, I'm definitely not qualified :D

something (TH Huxley)

Hengky

Bericht door Hengky » 07 jan 2013, 06:47

Hi Frederik
Nice day

Yes certainly I'm very sure about the origin of this fossil, because I am every Saturday looking for fossils in the limestone mountain in Bogor, Indonesia.
people around the limestone mountains of limestone works as a search for the sale, that's where I look for fossils when crushed limestone rocks by using simple tools like a big hammer, chisel rocks and crowbars.
These include a type of fossil reptiles snakes, snake length is approximately 14 cm.
On the face of highly visible part of Eyes, nose, ears, teeth and the genitals.
Currently I only have one for this type of fossil is intact.
It is very difficult and often people can find fossils that are still intact like this.
Only information that's all I can give, may be useful.
Regards,
Keep the spirit.

FossilCollection

Plaats reactie