Older guy (but new) from Alberta

Various fossil related discussions.
Plaats reactie
canyonguy
Older guy (but new) from Alberta

Bericht door canyonguy » 23 okt 2007, 00:44

I\'m a fossil nut in Alberta, Canada. Hope to learn and make positive contributions to the forum. I\'ve collected in many locales over the years but hard for a fossil addict to be living in a better part of the world than here in Alberta.

My wife is a geologist and also interested in paleontology. Her family (like many Canadians here) is from the Netherlands. Yes, we do eat a lot of cheese and she does have a pair of wooden clogs.

I collect just about everything but not as much as in my younger days. There\'s about 30,000 specimens in our collection....about 4,000 different species. I\'m fussy about quality and curation. Just about everything is complete and out of matrix or if in matrix then \'nice to look at\'(at least for me).

Caveman
Contacteer:
Re: Older guy (but new) from Alberta

Bericht door Caveman » 13 nov 2007, 09:50

Nice to hear from Canada once more, wooden shoes huh, as long as you don\'t live in a mill it\'s okay (just kidding).
You seem to have a nice collection over there, maybe add some pics in near future so we cann have a look at some of them!
Welcome aboard and I hope you\'ll have a nice time here.

Cheers Mart

To share or not to share, that's the question!

RonB
Re: Older guy (but new) from Alberta

Bericht door RonB » 14 nov 2007, 14:35

Hey canyon guy, I agree with caveman, it would be nice to see some of your fossils. I have always enjoyed seeing what other folks are finding.

Still a kid diggin in the dirt

Plaats reactie